Best 10 affordable laptops for coding. One of the best ways to stay ahead in this world is to have the best tools. So if you are a professional developer or aspire to be one someday, then you need to have the best laptop in the market. You should bear in mind a few things so that you can make a wise decision the most important thing you are going to need in your laptop is performance. The performance depends on the five-factor. That is the processor, the ram, storage memory, graphic card, and battery. The processor is your computer’s brain.
These are the typical processes that are available in the market. But as a code, you should I3 and above. What you need to know is the significance of the number of cores. A dual-core CPU has to central processing units that mean there are literally two CPUs on a single chip. This dramatically helps to improve performance. The I9 CPU are with 8 cores.
So for programming, it is recommended that you must have at least a 2 core CPU. But the 4 core will be better. Also, check hyperthreading, it increases your CPU performance and 2 core can act as 4 core CPU. The laptop processors are made primarily by two companies that is Intel and AMD. Both are equivalent in terms of performance.
Ram stands for random access memory and it is what stores all the open apps files and programmers. More RAM allows more of them to be running simultaneously. There are two types of RAM available in the market. The DDR3 is older slower and consumes more power and the ddr4 is faster and more power-efficient. A minimum of 4 GB and if possible 8GB is recommended because programs these days use a lot of rams.
However, if you plan to use heavy software like Photoshop or heavy gaming then you should go for 16GB of ram. Get a laptop with an extra empty slot for a ram, for feature up-gradation.
It is the place where your operating system and all the documents photos, apps, and programs will be stored. The speed of the internal storage is very critical in the performance of the laptop. There are two types of storage memories available these days in the market the standard hard drive and the newer solid-state drives.
A graphics card is a dedicated chip inside your laptop responsible for the quality of visuals that you see on the screen. The graphics cars are of two types the integrated or the onboard graphics and the dedicated graphics. The latest Intel processors contain an integrated graphics chip, which is sufficient for everyday needs.
But if you use heavy software like Photoshop or 3D modeling software or play Heavy games. Then you require a dedicated graphics card of Nvidia and AMD are the two popular companies that make dedicated graphic cards. You probably do not need a dedicated graphics card for most of the programming except for game development.
The battery life depends on how you use your laptop. And what kind of apps you run. Also, a bigger battery will amount to a bigger and heavier laptop. Generally, laptops with integrated Graphics consume much less power than laptops having a dedicated graphics card.
Best 10 affordable laptops for coding.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S145 Intel Core i3 7th Gen 15.6″ FHD Thin and Light Laptop (4GB/1TB HDD/Windows10/Office/Platinum Grey), 81VD00EFIN
- Dell Inspiron 3593 15.6 inch FHD Laptop (10th Gen i3-1005G1/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Integrated Graphics/ Win 10 + MS Office/ Silver) D560299WIN9SE
- ASUS VivoBook 14 Intel Core i3-1005G1 10th Gen 14-inch FHD Compact and Light Laptop (4GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/Transparent Silver/1.60 kg), X409JA-EK010T
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-41 Obsidian Black AMD Ryzen 3 4GB Ram 1000TB Hard Disk 39.62CM HD Acer LCD Window 10 Home
- HP 14 Ultra Thin & Light 14-inch Laptop (10th Gen i3-1005G1/8GB/256GB SSD/Win
This laptop will work fine, with all your programming tasks, but in feature, if you wanted to do some android development of graphic design you will find this laptop struggling. So if you can afford to get this laptop
- Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Intel Core i5 10th Gen 14-inch Full HD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/ 1TB HDD/ DOS/ Mineral Gray/ 1.49 kg),
- Acer Nitro 5 Intel Core i5-9th Gen 15.6-inch Display 1920 x 1080 Thin and Light Gaming Laptop (8GB Ram+16GB Optane/1TB
- HP Pavilion Gaming DK0268TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-9300H/8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics),
- HP 15 10th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6-inch FHD Laptop (i5-10210U/8GB/1TB/Win 10/NVIDIA MX110 2GB Graphics /MS Office/1.74kg)
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-10210Ur/8GB/1TB HDD/Window 10, Home, 64Bit/NVIDIA GeForce MX230 Graphics), Black
All the laptops are available on Amazon and all the laptops are in the budget category. If you wanted a premium laptop list then comment below. Also, make sure you share this blog in your coding community.
Must read: How to start coding| Coding for beginners