The List of 5 best free IDE, code editor for programming is made according to people’s reviews and our own personal experiences. For developing any app or website people write code. But do you know where people write code or what software professional coders use? Today there are over 100s of IDEs either for free or paid. So how to choose the right software, this article will guide you to choose your IDE. Moreover, we will also recommend different IDEs for different types of working groups.
The software listed will be free to use. All the software is open source. For those who are beginners, I recommend you to stick with only one software. If you use multiple software you will end up doing a mess. So with this let’s get started.
5 best free IDE, code editor for programming list
Intellij is the most widely used IDE. This IDE has to edition Community and ultimate edition. Out of which community edition is free to use. This IDE has a good interface and contains lots of features like
- Git version control.
- Android development kit
- Advance Debugger and compiler
- And in the android kit, it comes with an android emulator.
Not only for android development, but Java developer also prefers Intellij. As it also supports Java FX and has a number of other plugins as well.
Why Intellij is in 5 best free IDE for programming list.
- Because it supports maven, kotlin, Gradle, and android development.
- Widely used by android and Java developers
- Contains premium features in the free edition.
2. Notepad ++
There are multiple versions of notepad ++ on the official website. You should download the latest version of Notepad++. Moreover while downloading make sure to check the software requirements like 32 and 64 bits. Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size.
- Supported for windows and linux
- It does not support mac os.
Why Notepad ++ is in the 5 best free IDE for programming list.
- High execution speed.
- Creates small programs.
- Reduces power consumption.
- Live Preview. You can make direct changes to your website and instantly see the results.
- Preprocessor Support. Quick Edit and Live Highlight feature.
- Inline Editors. Brackets lets you open a window into the code.
Brackets can be used in windows, mac and linux os. It is supported on any platform.
Why Brackets is in the 5 best free IDE for programming list.
- It is designed for web developers.
- Modern and open source, that means it is created by developers like you and me.
It was also an open-source project, now it is owned and maintained by Microsoft. It is platform-independent. Atom has lots of packages that can increase coding speed. It has a beautiful layout and themes. It has features like.
- Cross-platform editing
- Smart autocompletion
- Beautiful Themes.
As said it is Cross-platform, it can be used on windows, mac and Linux.
Why Atom is in the 5 best free IDE for programming list?
- Managed and maintained by Microsoft.
- Eye-catching UI.
- Smart and advanced features.
It is a product of Microsoft. I personally recommend you to use this IDE. Since most of my friends and people suggest Visual Studio. It supports every programming language. It is also cross-platform and has many features which include
- Inbuild Git commands
- Highly customizable.
Why Visual studio is in the 5 best free IDE for programming list?
- Recommended by most of the developers.
- Can add multiple extensions.
Conclusion: If you are a beginner, I recommend you to use Notepad ++, because as a beginner you should learn the syntax, with the auto-completion feature of advanced IDEs you will not learn the basic syntax. If you wanted to start to learn to code for free then check 10 Free and paid online coding courses.
Comment if you have any suggestions or questions. Also, make sure you share which IDE you like. Thank you.